Saturday, October 10, 2009

Green, green everywhere...

I thought that having only one bridesmaid/MOH would make choosing bridesmaid's dresses a piece of cake. And it seemed like it was.

However.........

My mom called the other day to ask what my five other sisters should wear. I'll be honest, I hadn't given that one lick of thought yet. I started thinking and realized that the non-matchy matchy mixed bridesmaids dress look might be perfect for the rest of the fam.

The SB siblings rocking the not-exactly-matching
blue theme, two Christmases ago.

Really cute example of non-matching green from offbeatbride.
Source

And another from Martha.
Source

MOH K's dress is pretty formal, and it's important to me that she have some designation as being an attendant. But there are some cute green dresses out there that I think would blend into a beautiful, cohesive, interesting look for our family shots. I also like the idea that it will be readily apparent who is an SB sister, because I'm guessing not a lot of our guests will be wearing green dresses. Unfortunately (or fortunately?), most are on sale in the fall (when I'm looking for them) so sizing & color options are limited.

Source

Some of our options. Thanks J. Crew sale!

The more I think about it... the more I like the idea that our family will have a unified look (Dad & brother/ring bearer will have green ties). I'm excited that they get to be part of the day/look/planning, even though they are not officially part of the bridal party.

Did you coordinate any other people's outfits with that of your bridal party?

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE that one picture of the "mixed greens" following the bride-- how perfect that there are seven (pretending John is the littlest girl, hehe). I think it will look great!

    ReplyDelete