Sunday, October 25, 2009

To veil or not to veil

I admit, the first time the consultant put a veil on my head I got the giddy, girly swoon and felt "like a bride." After that, I thought a few of the dresses were really transformed by a veil, others not so much. (**Side note, this was not an area I knew ANYthing about prior to wedding planning. Bird cage, mantilla, blusher, cathedral, etc. etc. meant absolutely nothing to me. Spend some time on theknot.com, you'll get an intro.)


These are not my dress, but have a similar top. And that is kinda, sorta how my hair will be on the big day.
Don't the veils just look like blobs of fabric on my head?

Style-wise, I don't think they'll add much to my outfit. My dress is strapless with a relatively low back and I'll be wearing my hair mostly down. If I *did* get a veil, I'm into fingertip length, non-blusher style with a small crystal trim. Pretty specific, I know. But since I love the sparkly hair clips so much, I'm really thinking of forgoing the veil all together. The traditionalist inside me cringes a little, but eh. If I don't love it, I'm not doing it! So there! :)

What traditional aspects of your wedding did you leave out because they just "weren't you"?

1 comment:

  1. I think forgoing the veil is a good idea. ESPECIALLY if you don't love the idea of one. The clips you showed are so beautiful they will add just as much if not more beauty than the veil would!

    ReplyDelete