Monday, October 12, 2009

So. Many. Choices.

I have been pretty bogged down by the completely ridiculous number of decisions I've been making the past few days. Where to even begin...?


I mean... even deciding on a question mark image for this post has 1 gajillion choices!?!
Source

To be fair: Yes....... it's wonderful to be able to totally customize your day. And yes........ I'm lucky that I have a budget and the support/opportunity to really make these decisions myself. But whew!

This example is from the music guys, aka the entertainment company I've hired for our live music & DJ. But it's pretty representative of evvvvvvverything I've been doing lately.

  • How long before the ceremony would you like music played? (Er, 30 mins?)
  • What type of music? (Um, it's a classical guitarist... whatever he does?)
  • Do you want to be introduced at the reception? (Yes.)
  • To what music? (No clue.)
  • Do you want your party introduced? (Er, yes.)
  • To what music? (No clue.)
  • Together or separately? (Uh, separately.)
  • In what order? (Eh, no clue.)
  • Will there be a toast or a blessing? (Erm, a blessing.)
  • Said by who? (Uh, my dad. After I get around to asking him.)
  • What kind of music do you want during dinner? (Normal dinner music?)
  • Will you be cutting the cake? (Yes.)
  • What music? (Seriously, you choose cake cutting music.......!)
  • What is the overall theme of the music you'd like for the dancing? (Um, slow and fast? Mostly modern? *Mr. SB you are in so much trouble for not being here with me!)
  • What is a group both of you really enjoy dancing to? (Er, JayZ is an inappropriate answer and I'm mostly drawing a blank on any other music group in existence.)
  • Do you want to end the evening on a high/fast or low/slow note? (Wait, I'm supposed to choose the END of my wedding... right now?!)
Ok, please stop!! Bride is overwhelmed.........

And with no exaggeration, that is ~15% of what they asked me.

It's time to take a deep breath, remember each decision is not absolutely critical, life-or-death, make-or-break a wedding choice. I'll answer each one: honestly, thoughtfully, and in time.

Did you ever feel like there were wayyyyyyyyy too many questions to answer??

No comments:

Post a Comment