Monday, October 19, 2009

Development of a Wedding Cake, part I

Oh fondant, you're so beautiful. Before I had ever heard your name, knew how to pronounce it, looked up how to pronounce it on YouTube, or what you tasted like... I loved your look. Your smooth sides, the beautiful detailing that is possible, your elegance.

You are the basis of all my cake inspiration photos.


Four previous photos from TheKnot.

But, oh beautiful fondant... even my hyperactive sweet tooth thinks you're too sweet. Like sickeningly, weirdly, thirst-inducingly too sweet. And while I may be willing to sacrifice comfort for beauty (hello stilletos!), I won't ask my guests to do so.

So... farewell fondant cakes... I'm heading to your delicious, if very slightly less attractive, cousin.

Buttercream!

What choices have you made regarding fashion vs. function?

No comments:

Post a Comment