Thursday, October 29, 2009

Development of a Wedding Cake, part III

Flavors, check.
Size, check.

Design....
Overall, the look I'm going for. Sleek & white, three tier, symmetric. Decoration at the base of each tier. Orchids. But a little plain. From theknot.com.

Almost perfect... but still a little plain.
Source

Oh.... look at that texture between the tiers. Wouldn't that be lovely in green??
Source

But look at the detailing on this one!
Source

So, we turn to our lovely baker/cake designer to help blend all this together.


The green will be the texture/layered fondant, like in photo #3 above. The middle row with have fleur de lys and diamond piping detail. And there will be white orchids.

Our top & bottom tier are one flavor, while the middle is different. I love that the design reflects that and she was able to combine all our ideas into this sketch. And apparently I like sticks. :) Half of my inspiration photos (and some that I didn't post here) had them, did you notice?? This won't be 100% settled until later, but I'm really happy with our first draft.

How many components did you try to incorporate into your cake design?

2 comments:

  1. I like that #1 with the orchids looks like a vine hanging down from the top of the cake, seems appropriate with the location of your wedding! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh... I hadn't noticed that! I like it!

    ReplyDelete