Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The other dress

Not mine, my MOH sister's.

If you knew me, I am the least compulsive shopper on earth. I will take FOR.EV.ER. to decide to buy something. I recently spent two weeks online (after I decided which computer I wanted) to actually click "purchase." I will spend an eternity in the cat food aisle reading labels. However, something about wedding dress shopping brings out the decision maker in me!! If you read before, I went to three stores and decided in about 20 minutes to buy a dress (in part because my sister wouldn't be in town much longer). What I failed to mention, is we also bought her dress then too!

After I had decided to get my dress, we thought we *might as well look around* for her dress. She didn't mind that it probably wouldn't be a re-wearable dress and the shop carried an extensive selection of Alfred Angelo, which was near our budget. Fortunately, we had a similar aesthetic. I wanted a strapless dress with the waist ruching to match (kind of?) my style and our wedding isn't really formal enough for a long dress or any fancy fabric. So very quickly we decided on a simple A line knee length clover green dress. It's a little plain (but beautiful on her and a perfect color) , so I'm on the look out for a sash or broach or maybe just a great necklace to give her. (Suggestions?)
So, a one hour trip to a bridal salon and we both walk out with dresses ordered. I'm still kind of in shock. But love both dresses and can't wait to see them in action.

How are your impulse decisions turning out?

No comments:

Post a Comment