Saturday, October 24, 2009

Guest book

My first (and practical, though uncreative) idea for a guestbook was to create a photobook with our E photos. There are some beautiful, inexpensive options available online and then we can have that book on the coffee table next to the wedding album. This website has a side by side review of ten online sites to customize/order your book. I headed to shutterfly during the most recent ND football game and had one put together in less than a quarter. :)


Option two, Mr. SB and I really love the idea of a photo/faux-to booth. Add a little printer, have them tape down their favorite pic into a scrapbook and sign there. Soooo adorable. I think our crowd would really get a kick out of it. (Polaroids are a variation on this theme, but since they're no longer in production, that's out.)


But........ there is no appropriate space at our site to set one up :( I'm pretty bummed about that. And even my most creative thinking doesn't come up with an acceptable location. So that's a no go.

Moving on, we are still decorating our new house and there is plenty of space for "stuff on the walls." While I like the theory of having guests sign a frame, I don't think I would actually like this hanging any where. Too much writing, too little decoration. Would I actually go stand and read it in the future? Not quite right.

Back on the scrapbook theme, I came across the following idea. Guests signed vintage (or color themed) postcards and had them inserted into a scrapbook. You could also insert pictures of the guests from the wedding next to the postcards to have a really comprehensive memento.

Source

I'm leaning towards the first or last options, but am still searching for more ideas.

Have you come across any guest book ideas you love?

1 comment:

  1. In response to idea #2 (photo/faux-to booth), what about a digital or even disposable camera set up next to the book (assign a little sister to picture-taking duty :) )... The guests could sign the book in an area reserved next to a space for the picture to be printed/inserted later. Just a thought :)

    ReplyDelete