Friday, October 30, 2009

Addressing envelopes

Now that the liners are cut, I can get started with addressing the envelopes, though they won't be sent for several months. Hooray for things you can check off your list early!

I knew pretty much immediately that I wouldn't be paying anyone to calligraphize them, so... to print or hand write? That is the question.

My handwriting isn't that bad, but there are some reallllllllll pretty fonts out there. You can also make sure the spacing/centering is even on the first take, so you avoid wasting envelopes. So let's compare....

Printed with ChopinScript from www.dafont.com


Printed with Miss SB script from Catholic elementary school. Har har.

I'd obviously have to pencil in some lines so that it's straight, but in my defense, the picture IS a little crooked. It looks better in person. Maybe.

I'm leaning towards computer printing, my mom voted computer printing, Mr. SB voted computer printing. But is it "cheating"??

What do you think? Will people care one way or the other?

2 comments:

  1. NOT cheating! you have to sign all your thank you cards, which is when it all gets personal. computer printing addresses just means you REALLY want the invitation to get there, since after adressing a bunch of envelopes by hand, your script may start melding together and mayhem may ensue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. True, I didn't order a lot of extra envelopes anyway. And the thank you cards will be hand written. Ok, sold. Computer printed it is. :)

    ReplyDelete