Thursday, October 15, 2009

The dentist with the sweet tooth

I really really really like dessert. Alot. Mr. SB cannot fathom why after EVERY SINGLE MEAL I go looking for my "something sweet." While he can do without, I always sneak an eager little nod to the waiter at the "Would you care to see the dessert menu?" question. And yes. I'm a dentist. I know.

So back to the wedding world. We've been to weddings with and without the traditional cake and I think both options work just fine to get their guests the little "something sweet." I do like cake, but I'm not that into cupcakes (if I was going to serve cupcakes, I'd rather just do regular cake). However, brownies, cheesecake, pie, fudge, petit fours, mousse, cookies, yes. I'm into those. Very much.

(I also understand it's very "in fashion" to forgo the big cake in honor of "non-traditional" desserts. And seeing as I'm so fashion forward, I'd definitely consider that. No. Not that at all. I just really like a lot of different desserts.)

I do love pie. And look how pretty these are! Apple, cherry, pecan, pumpkin...
Especially with ice cream!
Source

Little cakes made of sorbet.... Oh my cuuuute.
Source

After minimal googling, I found the world of multiple mini dessert buffets... Everyone could get their favorite! I could get it all! And the pre-wedding diet would be over! And it's so pretty!!!

Pistachio Macarons & Key Lime Pie Shooters
It even matches our colors!

Fruit Tartlets and Baby Cakes

Chocolate goodness & Banana Pudding
Three previous drool inducing images from Source.

As my eyes glazed over from looking at all the yummy possibilities, a little voice spoke up. "Excuse me, sugar lady, haven't you always liked looking at wedding cake photos? The multi-tiered, sleek beauties, with their gorgeous details. Don't you watch BOTH of the cake shows on tv?? Aren't cake photos one of the things you like best in the recaps? And if you buy 6500 little dessert-lets, you can't really justify 'the big one' too."

Oh yeah. Forgot about that.

So, wiping the drool off the keyboard, I went and found my "something sweet" to satisfy my now substantial craving and put the dessert bar/mini desserts idea aside. I'll just have to find a party to throw to incorporate them. Anyone need a baby shower??

What more "modern" options did you discard in favor of something more traditional?

No comments:

Post a Comment