Monday, October 5, 2009

Does anyone even notice???

I H.A.T.E. the post office. The line is always too long, too slow, and too annoying. At work, we use Stamps.com which I love as much as I hate the local post office (print postage from your desk, woohoo!). That said, for some unknown reason, I was uncharacteristically giddy about going to pick out stamps for my STDs/invites. I had high expectations of heading to the post office to sort through a whole host of beautiful options (when they ask if you need stamps, don't they pull out hundreds of them???) and sort through to find the perfect romantic color coordinated stamp for my goodies.

Right. I'm not sure where I got that idea, but reality is more like... well, normal. The line was long and annoying and the cashier handed 3 or 4 random packs of stamps to me to choose from. Luckily, I had glanced online and knew the King & Queen stamp existed (not one of the 3 he offered me). It was definitely the best of the not-so-exciting options, so I came home with a pile of them.

This year's "Love Stamp." The King & Queen of Hearts.
Source

I spent a little time looking online for something better. I had heard of Zazzle which has some tempting options (cutesy, romantic, custom). However, while their homepage examples look something this...
The actual product looks more like this...The barcode is pretty unattractive and the stamps cost more than two times face value. The option to upload some of our e-photos or a monogram is nice, but still that barcode. Don't like it.

So, at the end of the day, I've spent several hours (seriously??) deliberating about postage and have made peace with the relatively cute King & Queen stamps. I hope my guests appreciate all the brain power spent on that decision. :)

What tiny details drive you nuts??

No comments:

Post a Comment