Friday, October 23, 2009

Adding some swirlies

Although it fits the look and feel of our life and wedding venue not at all, I think damask weddings are pretty spectacular in their drama. I mean, how GLAMorous would you feel with these details around you. The black and white base with endless accent color options. So pretttty...


And you can even get matching TP! :P

Anyway, back to my wedding (yes, that was long enough thinking about some one else, back to me, me, me!), I was on the lookout for paper to multi-task as #1. envelope liners, #2. belly bands, #3. invitation mats. I ordered my invite products from CardsandPockets and they had a design your own paper option. I decided to go that route because at the very least, the colors would match. And they had a pseudo-damask option, the design "Swirls".


I was a little nervous because the example didn't give me a great idea of the size of the pattern or what a whole page of it would look like. But I ordered some in clover & cream and was very happy with the result.

My own picture of a full sheet. The background really is cream, the lighting is just off a little here.

Although I hadn't planned on it, I'm very happy that we were able to incorporate a little damask-ish element into the wedding. I think the invite suite is much more interesting and cohesive because of it.

Up next: The making of the semi/mostly-DIY invites!

Where did you sneak in little patterns to your wedding decor?

No comments:

Post a Comment