Thursday, September 10, 2009

Welcome to Springtime Bride!!

I am so excited to share my ideas that have been a part of my wedding planning so far... and in the six months to come!

My fiance and I got engaged in April 2009 and decided that we would get married on our 7th dating anniversary, March 13, 2010. I was a complete wedding novice & I live 2400 miles from my family, so I had alot to learn about weddings & wedding planning... and fast!

One of our early and main considerations was finances. Though we are both professionals, we are both very new in our professions with a significant amount of school debt. And though our families are AMAZING, there was no blank check for an elaborate carte blanche wedding adventure. Therefore, I am planning a wine country wedding on a budget, without the budget feel. If I had to put a classification on it, I'd call my wedding nature & wine country inspired, traditional but with a modern flair, simple and elegant.

Stay tuned for DIY attempts, all sorts of ideas considered and discarded, and the joys of planning the most exciting day of my life so far. I hope you enjoy the lessons I've learned in my adventures in wedding planning!

No comments:

Post a Comment