Thursday, September 24, 2009

Trying to gather it all together...

Fairly early on in my wedding planning, I made a very dense (er, like, 25 pictures on one powerpoint slide) inspiration board with absolutely no record of where I got the pictures from. Oops. Well, it's fine for bringing to vendors or working on ideas, but not so fine for blogging.

So now, as an experienced bride-to-be, I made another one and have discovered that I *still* want to put way too many pictures on a given board. (Those folks at Style Me Pretty make it look so easy!) It kind of took forever, but I'm happy with the result.


Some of it is still not quite *right*, but having an inspiration board makes me feel better. (In particular, I have an inspiration bouquet that I can't find a digital photo of. When I get around to scanning it in, I'll update the board.) But I think this definitely reflects the natural, unfussy, elegant and traditional, but not dated or overly formal feel that we're going for. In green, yellow, & white. While this is an "overall" look, I like the idea of multiple inspiration boards: one for flowers, hair, etc. Those are a work in progress.

How many revisions did your inspiration board(s) undergo? How closely did it reflect your overall wedding in the end?

No comments:

Post a Comment