Saturday, September 19, 2009

Goodies

Oh wedding favors. I was kind of hoping this would be something that could be planned and taken care of early and soundly checked off the infamous to-do list. I asked Mr. SB for input on wedding favors... and was met with a totally blank stare.

"We give our guests presents?"
"Well, yes honey, don't you remember from the other weddings we've gone to?"
"Honestly, no. Not at all."

Ok, so with the favors-are-terribly-low-on-his-radar input, I started thinking about what I like to receive. Remembering that many of my guests are travelling, I didn't want anything large or fragile or so unexciting it would be left in hotel rooms all over Napa Valley. I really didn't want to give anything with my name or wedding date on it. And I have a quite a sweet tooth. I really like the idea of color coordinated candy buffet, but our guest list is the max size for the reception site. I'm not even sure where the cake is going to go, much less a whole buffet table for candy.

So if we can't have a candy buffet, how's about individually wrapped items. I adore Bakerella. That is one creative lady. Her cake and cupcake pops are pretty much the cutest things I've ever seen. Here are some examples that fit into the "spring time" feel of our wedding.

Ok, this one isn't a pop, but HOW adorable is the cupcake bun/brownie patty/sugar cookie fries. Seriously!!

Unfortunately, she didn't have anything specifically bridal, but I found some similar ideas from others.


Unfortunately (again), gorgeous long stem strawberries probably won't be in easy supply in March.


Now these little brownie pop gems are aMAzing. They are also quite pricey (fair enough, I might add, look at the detail on the "girl" pop!). However, if we took Bakerella's instructions to make cake pops and strawberries' decorating ideas, couldn't we come up with a passable favor?? I don't want to attempt this on my own, so I've already called in a request for a cake pop trial run while I'm home with my family over Christmas. I'll make sure to bring my camera and see if everything is as easy as they say...!

I'm worried this is too ambitious, especially because they'll need to be made fairly last minute. (*Side note: As a possible back up, sister B's boyfriend works full time making chocolate at a very high end chocolate shop... maybe I'll suggest their gift is a boat load of little brownie balls? :)

Would you be happy to receive this as a favor? Or is it a waste of effort?

No comments:

Post a Comment