Thursday, September 24, 2009

5x8 does not equal 5x7

Ack.

I ordered my STDs and received them yesterday. The quality is beautiful, there are no typos, they arrived on time. It's exactly what I ordered. Which is the problem.

I definitely noticed that postcards on 123print.com came in two sizes: 4 x 5 5/8" or 5 x 8" I thought the 8 sounded weird, but assured myself it was either a typo or no big deal. Welll.... it looks weird! I'm very into balance and symmetry (it's my job after all!) and having seen the 5 x7" proportions in photos all my life, I don't love the 5 x 8".


The good side. There is extra background on the front and behind that is extra white space. So if I *did* decide to go and cut off that one disproportionate inch, I wouldn't be messing with the overall look at all.

The bad side. Having to cut each one by hand. We only have ~40 to send, but not a ton extra to play with/mess up. Mr. SB (as soon as he saw how "distraught" I was over the extra length) immediately offered that we could cut it. I take that as an offer to help. :)

To cut or not to cut? This is my first picky, detailed, bridezilla moment... and I'm so conflicted!!

Image Source.

I *have* told myself multiple times that no one will care... but isn't that the truth with 95% of wedding related decisions?!?

Update: Mr. SB just told me the cut one looks better. Decision made. Project Runway & I will carefully cut 50 postcards later tonight.

Did you intentionally ignore something, just to regret it later?

No comments:

Post a Comment