Sunday, September 13, 2009

E ring setting

Mr. SB did a wonderful job picking out a beautiful round brilliant diamond and presented it to me in a simple, six prong, white gold band. While I loved the simplicity and overall shape of it, he wanted me to go back to the store and have one custom designed in platinum. So I looked around online and found a few components I wanted to include: thin band, side stones (but only if they go significantly around the finger -- I had the look of the abrupt stop, nothing personal to abrupt stop brides!!), not *too* tall of a setting since I take gloves on and off all day, every day, and while I didn’t want a full fledged vintage look, I was into the idea of milgrain.

STRONGEST RECOMMENDATION THUS FAR. SF brides, make an appointment to visit the Gift Center, in particular Just Diamonds/Just Bands. John was delightful to work with and really could sense what I was interested in before I did!! He guided me into a beautiful design, and a few weeks later we watched as his Armenian uncles set the diamond. (Man, I wish I had pictures of that!!)

The ring is perfect. And I love knowing that we custom designed it. (And at an exceptional price. Seriously, talk with them.) Now, 3 months later, I still get excited to look at my left hand multiple times a day. We plan on going back to work with them on the wedding rings in a few months. (One of these days I'll do a photo shoot with my ring to get some good shots.)

Did you have a say in how your setting turned out? When does the excitement wear off??

No comments:

Post a Comment