Friday, September 11, 2009

THE place

Nicholson Ranch Winery sits on a hill between Napa & Sonoma Counties. It is gorgeous. I *may* have even told my mom that it was where I was going to get married... a full 12 months before I was engaged! (That's a picture of mom SB & Uncle SB in their tasting room.)

So anyway, the reply to my inquiry was a very reasonable, discounted quote within our budget... and for a Saturday evening event!! As much as I had convinced myself that I was fine with no dancing and a short-ish reception... if I was honest, I wanted a full party for all of our guests who would be traveling so far to be with us. Mr. SB & I went for an official tour and were blown. a. way. by the beautiful venue. We had visited the winery several times before, but the private areas are even more special than the public ones (as would be expected). Ramona (the owner) was a delight to work with and the sample albums of prior weddings were stunning.

I headed home with stars in my eyes that we might. actually. get. married. there. and sat down to crunch some numbers. They worked out. So I double and triple checked. And hand delivered my deposit with a big fat grin on my face.

Did anything you think "was not an option" end up working out?

No comments:

Post a Comment