Monday, September 21, 2009

MMmmmm shoes

What (even slightly girly) girl doesn't love heels? I wear them every day to work and out with the 6" taller Mr. SB... but can't bring myself to spend designer money on them. But it doesn't mean a girl can't dream. Or try to convince herself that her wedding day would be the perfect day to splurge a little bit (or more than a "little" bit....)

With my practical eye on "re-wear-able" (and knowing that my dress is floor length)... there are beautiful Louboutins....

Aren't you gorgeously romantic...


Oh glam-tastic mirrored shoe..

And a classy Manolo, which is even more beautiful in royal blue...
But I couldn't get that one Sex and the City episode with Carrie's stolen shoes out of my head....

Oh Sedaraby, how beautiful you are. How re-wear-able. How well you'd match the lace of my dress....

But I can't justify your price tag, I just can't do it!!

Now, I'll be honest. I've bought my share of knock off handbags in my day (it was too tempting as a college kid visiting NYC & Beijing!!!). But I don't really support straight up knock offs any more... and some of those faux websites are just sketchy.

Anyway. Zappos.com doesn't make any "compare to" comparisons or pretend to be anything besides a pretty shoe. And I appreciate that. And the 80% off price tag.
Not the same, I know. Silver tones, not gold. Black sole, bulkier in general. Not instant glamour when you slip them on. I haven't ordered them yet, but I'm pretty happy with this find. Nice style, nice height, nice price. Now to bite the bullet and click "purchase"!

Have you talk yourself out of (or into) any "but it's my wedding!!" purchases?

No comments:

Post a Comment