Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Colors, take two...

Talking with a potential photographer, we discovered that green & white sometimes look washed out in photos. Beautiful and natural, yes, but also missing a little pop of "something." Around mid-March in wine country, the mustard flowers are in bloom. The vines haven't grown leaves or grapes yet, but the grass below them turns into a yellow sea. Our winery won't have much mustard, but the surrounding area will. This photographer takes some beautiful pictures of this time of year.

These pictures steered me in the direction of yellow, but since my family lives near Green Bay, Wisconsin (and are huge Packers fans), I was leery of suggesting "green & yellow" in any cheese-y manner. So I set out to find some more inspiration. Thank you theknot.com :)


Based on these ideas, I'm happy to move forward with green, white, and yellow... and a little nod to my Wisconsin roots.
Did any of your ideas seem unlikely at first, but make sense the more you worked with them?

No comments:

Post a Comment