Friday, September 18, 2009

They're soooo pretty...

I first fell in love with wedding albums during our tour of wedding venues. I've been a scrapbooker for several years, but the professional magazine style 10x10 albums are dreamy. The thick pages, the flush mounting, the leather covers.... mmmm.... It's one of the only parts of wedding planning I felt myself get giddy over.


And then. I saw the price tags.

Ho.ly. Cow. It's not that I think they're "not worth it" but.... in many cases it doubled the cost of photography, which placed those photographers (who were some of the only ones withIN our price range) soundly out of our budget. Alas. (If you haven't done that searching yet, I'd say most albums start around $1500.) But they're sooooo pretty.....

One alternative is that I could get the photos and try and make one myself later. Well, I would hate to be disappointed by my attempt because they're soooooo pretty when done professionally. Another option is to have the photographer make it for a one (or two) year anniversary gift. But if the point is that we don't have money for one, will one year later be much different (and it takes several months to fabricate it anyway)? And a wedding album as a second year anniversary present just doesn't have a great ring to it.

Dilemmas! Stay tuned for our decision...

Are you as in love with magazine style wedding albums as I am? Or are having great photos for prints more important?

No comments:

Post a Comment