Sunday, November 1, 2009

I admit, I'm a bawl-baby

For the first 25 years of life, I was not. But now, I am a full-fledged bawl-baby.

I cry at reality tv, both when people get voted on or off. Or win. I cry at sporting events, when my team wins, or loses, or when they tell the sad story of the opposing quarterback making a great comeback despite blah blah. I get teary at commercials, especially ones for psych meds. And don't get me started on other people's wedding videos. No, I don't know you, but I'm crying over your video. Yep that's me.


WHAT AM I GOING TO DO ON MY WEDDING DAY?!

I'm trying to desensitize myself, watching lots of videos, visualizing my day ahead of time (the first look, walking down the aisle, saying my vows, first dance, dance with my dad... I'm tearing up typing this!!), but all that does is make me MORE teary. Jeepers! (*They really are all good tears, I'm super duper excited, just a lil' emotional. Ok, alot emotional. And I don't know why!!) I will of course have H.E.A.V.Y. D.U.TY. mascara but... the red eyes and puffy circles are not so hot. Especially on the most photographed day of my life.

Shedding a few sweet tears is one thing, crying throughout your wedding day is another!! I have no solution for this... how do I make myself less sensitive?? How can I plug up the tears???

4 comments:

  1. I too am a cryer.. I read an article which suggested that some times you can seperate from things by thinking about details surrounding you- the walls are white and stucco, look at the floor, what is the carpet like, are there weird stains (is that gum...?) and things like that. Its not fool proof but it's definitely helpful

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that idea... I have a feeling though, that I'll just see my groom smiling and start crying anyway. But it's worth a shot!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I figure that I will just smear mascara around my face and save a whole bunch of time. They do have clear mascara you know. Of course, you can't really tell it's on there, but it is nice to have options, even if they are somewhat worthless I guess!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I'm paying some one to do my makeup, they better use some heavy duty tear resistant stuff! I've heard it's a little rough to get off, but we all know it's painful to be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete