Monday, November 2, 2009

Groomzillas

Recently, Mr. SB and I were were talking with a groom-to-be and I said "Oh, where's your fiance? She must be so busy these days!" And his response was a little different than what I expected... and then he admitted that he's very involved in the planning, to the point that she calls him a groomzilla!

Now, I've never heard that term before, but I am very entertained by it.



I had to find out if these guys actually exist. Well, a little googling found a contest (!) for America's Biggest Groomzilla on www.mywedding.com

Here's the winner:
  • Adam picked the wedding date and decided they were going to have a huge wedding (she wanted to elope).
  • He picked the entire bridal party and then organized a day for all of the bridesmaids to go shopping together!
  • All of the 40 centerpieces were handmade and painted by Adam. He also handcrafted each of the 300 invitations!
  • He is planting hundreds of calla lily bulbs in their backyard greenhouse in case he doesn't like what the florist comes up with.
  • He is replacing all of the art in their reception venue with his own framed prints.
  • He chose a DJ that would play only his song selection, in his specific order!
Wowwwwwwwwwww. I have read plenty of examples of mothers, FMILs, BMs, etc. controlling/running the day. But the groom? Can you imagine battling your future husband at each of the millions of decisions? Can you imagine him undermining your choices? I saw an article recently about what various wedding planning fights mean for your future together. It's an interesting read, check it out if you haven't.

Mr. SB, I dig it so much that you help when I need it and support me at the other times. Thank you for showing no signs of groomzilla-ness.

Have you ever met a groomzilla? What aspects of the wedding did your groom tightly control?

No comments:

Post a Comment