Saturday, November 21, 2009

Two look bride

I had read how some ladies are choosing to be "two dress brides," a more formal gown for the ceremony followed by a more dance friendly version for the party. And I thought that was crazy. You're spending all that money! Wear the dress all night!

Until...

I know Mr. SB was really looking forward to our "first look" at the winery with my fancy dress and the beautiful back drop (and our photographers present to capture the moment..). I have to say, I was/am too. But now with us having a little ceremony first, 3+ hours before we see the rest of our guests, with our photographers not yet present, isn't the set up for a "Wow" moment. So... I did a little thinking/online shopping and have decided I'll be a two dress (and completely different look) bride.

Look one: To be worn at the winery (first look, ceremony, and all night). The dress has a full skirt, strapless, sweetheart neckline, trumpet shape. Sparkly hair clip, no veil.


Look two: To be worn at the church. Simple, more formal material, but simpler silhouette. And a steal. :) And I'm going to wear a veil. So I'll actually have seen him in this look first, hopefully get some of my cry out of the way, and then come out for a Wow! moment in the dress above.

Dress two isn't his favorite style, but I think it's totally acceptable and works well with our funny ceremony set up. I'll be recycling shoes, possibly jewelry. I'll talk about jewelry another time.

Do the two dresses/styles seem to work with what I've got planned?

2 comments:

  1. This dress is gorgeous. I always thought you would go with this style for real! I think this is a great compromise for what you have planned.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so nervous having ordered it online w/o trying it on... at least they have a good return policy!

    ReplyDelete