Saturday, November 28, 2009

Trying a Martha craft

Saturday morning with coffee and the Vh1 countdown is the perfect time to work on wedding crafts! I posted about the napkin poms before and decided to give them a shot. (*Side note: Mr. SB's vote on how to make the table look better was "Both colored napkins and a decorative ring." Thanks honey, double the work.)

The inspiration.
I've never tried a Martha Stewart craft before, I was a little intimidated!!

Required Items:

Floral wire and tissue paper from the dollar store. Sweet.
Ruler and scissors.

I followed the instructions on her site exactly, even though it looked a darn mess in the process.

Finished result #1. Huge, not full, totally wrong.

Around that time, Elliot discovered that mommy was playing with crinkly craft products and got very interested.

I read the comments on the page and one poster noted that she used different sized paper than the instructions suggested. So I gave that a shot.

Too full, too big, just right! (Click to enlarge photo, I think you can see it better that way.)
Next to a coffee mug for size reference.

I'm actually very happy with how it turned out. Provided I get the thumbs up from Mr. SB, I'll go look for some colored tissue paper and craft away. I guess we need to decide if we're having colored or white napkins, but we'll get on that.

How do you think they turned out??

2 comments:

  1. WOW! Awesome! It truly does look like a real flower!! If they get the thumbs-up, I'm totally swiping mine from my place setting ;) Green napkins with white flowers might be nice...

    ReplyDelete
  2. We did a price check on green napkins... FIVES TIMES the price of white ones. Eeek... So we'll be looking for green tissue paper for the white napkins. :)

    Now to decide, varying shades of green or all the same... endless decisions!

    ReplyDelete