Friday, November 13, 2009

An "easy" topic

Our site director told us that if you get married on the winery lawn, you can stick two wine barrels with flowers on them at the "altar" site (if we're not having a Chuppah or anything, which we're not. See the previous post on Catholicism).

Our meeting with our florist was really quite good; I feel like she totally "got me" as far as bouquets, boutonnieres, aisle flowers, and centerpieces (more on all that later). But with regards to ceremony/wine barrel flowers, I didn't have a good example, nor did she have one to show us. So I tried to explain "Not too big, not too flashy, compliments the natural site but isn't lost in the size." She emailed me some not great examples, so I set out to find some on my own.

It's hard! Way harder than I expected!! All attempts at googling some combination of "Wine barrel flowers arrangement ceremony winery" are a big fat fail. I also tried looking at all wineries I could think of, any wine country photographers blogs, project wedding/theknot/etc and got about three examples to send back to the florist. Am I really that difficult/unique? Or are ceremony flowers so unimportant and so exciting that no one takes pictures of them??

Not bad, a little... voluminous? and too green? Not quite right, but not terrible either.

Small pic, but a good over all feel.
Source

Totally wrong color, but good look. Some height and some down draping green tendrils.

I like the texture, the coloring, the shape. Maybe too small for a barrel (you can adjust for that of course)? And we probably can't have a vase (for safety in the wind).

I'll be honest, I got so frustrated looking for arrangements, Mr. SB took over and found these photos. I don't have credits for them. So don't steal them, and I apologize for not crediting them properly.

Ack. I'm tired of looking at barrel arrangements! I want to find the perfect one and just say "Hey, do this!" :) But for now, I'll send Sally the florist our ideas and see what she can do.

What aspects of wedding planning were unexpectedly difficult?

No comments:

Post a Comment