Sunday, November 15, 2009

Programs

I thought I had saved a wedding program template/design from early in my planning, but alas, it's no where to be found. When I think back on it, the design actually doesn't make any sense, so let's start again, shall we?

What I want to include:
Wedding party
Ceremony details
Information about the winery/wine making since we will be walking through all those functional areas

I don't want anything too elaborate or work intensive (as this will be another DIY project) so here's what I worked through.

Types of programs (info and images from source):Booklet. Not sure I have enough info to really fill a booklet. Or that people would actually care.

Z-fold. Not bad. Something about the look of it isn't great for me though.

Gatefold. Now we're talking. I plan on having the main program be in cream cardstock, with the same patterned belly band from the invitations. (Tying it all together, get it?? :) But now I'll need a little "closer" sticker for them. Monogram anyone??

The layout will be:
Right inner fold - Wedding party
Center - Our names/ceremony information
Left inner fold - Information regarding Nicholson Ranch
Back - Dedication (possibly)

I did a mock up of the layout and am really happy with it (as far as having the appropriate amount of space for the information). I don't have a ton of extra paper, so I'm waiting until I have all the info before doing a real mock-up. Which I'll post here of course. :)

Did you have a program? Is it necessary? What all did it include??

No comments:

Post a Comment