Saturday, November 28, 2009

Throwing stuff

I've told Mr. SB that I don't want to have a garter or bouquet toss. We're not having a lot of friends, and even less single friends, at the wedding. And while the bouquet toss seems kind of sad and awkward for the unmarried ladies, I think the garter hunting is just kind of weird and inappropriate. Mr. SB is sad about the no garter thing, so I was thinking about getting one for ... later. It's also a decent place to have your "Something Blue."

So there are about 500,000 options out there: joke ones, themed ones, HUGE ones. I've just listed some reasonable options below.

Option one.
Simple. Inexpensive $12.50. Boring?

Option two.
Realllllly pretty. Probably more than I want to spend on this at $50.00.

Option yeah, right.
But awfully pretty and totally different. Almost like it's jeweled.
Green beaded lace with velvet tie. And $75.00.

Option three.
A little more unexpected? And in the ballpark at $15.00.

Option four.
Kinda like #2, but $15.00. Notice the "something blue" bow on the back/inside.

I'm trying to write my concluding thoughts and I keep thinking, "I like four, or three, or two, and one's ok, and that expensive one is so pretty, but four's good and so is three, and one. Ack!" Basically I'm totally undecided! For my first night of thinking, I've got some options.

Any votes or thoughts on the garter? How do you feel about bouquet/garter tosses?

1 comment:

  1. Option 4 has the nicest lace, or 2 is quite cute. I love the yeh right, but uh... yeh. right. every little thing adds up at weddings, so you're smart to keep it cheap(er)

    I vote for whichever of 2 or 4 matches your dress bettter. I think the first one's lace is a little... cheaper.

    ReplyDelete