Saturday, November 28, 2009

Still talking about veils

So since I decided that I'll be veil-ing for the first ceremony, I decided I should look for one.

Consideration #1. Bridal stores charge a tonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn for them.
Consideration #2. I'm not going to be attempting (or asking anyone) to make it myself, although the talented women online insist it's a simple undertaking.
Consideration #3. I'm wearing a simple dress (no cathedral length) and don't like the birdcage look.

When I tried on veils at David's Bridal, I liked the elbow length. A tiny bit of googling lead me to the wonderful world of etsy. So many options, highly rated sellers, and SUCH good prices. I decided I like the work (and price) of BellaBridalVeils and searched through her selection.

My two favorites (I'd be ordering in ivory to match the dress. And all her veils come on a plastic comb which can be taken out "easily" for look two):

Option one.
Pretty simple, two tier. Can use as a blusher (pull over your face) or not. I don't want a blusher, but I like the fullness. Finished pencil edge. $24.00.

Option two.
Something I hadn't heard of... a circle cut. If I won't be having a blusher, I think this is exactly what I want it to look like from the back. "Layered" without layers, same pencil edge. $32.00.

If you click on the link for option one or two you can see more views of the veils. Votes? Comments? Other suggestions?

Is buying a veil without trying it on risky?

No comments:

Post a Comment