Saturday, January 9, 2010

Will anyone use it??

I mentioned to Mr. SB that we needed to swing by the store and that he would need to just humor me on what I was buying. And what we were buying was stuff for the bathroom at the wedding. When I finally told him that, I got a verrry incredulous look, followed by "Seriously? Will anyone actually USE it??"

Ok, well, maybe not. But I think it's a nice gesture! And Miss Cola over at Weddingbee had a pretty fool proof guide for what should go in one. :) Her list was a lee-tle bit over the top (would anyone actually use Claritin?? and 5 types of mints??), so here's a list of what I'm planning on including in mine. (The boys' basket won't have the girly-hair stuff at the bottom.)
  • Mini travel lint roller
  • Stain remover pen
  • Breathsavers mints
  • Box of Kleenex
  • Travel size Tums
  • Box of Band Aids
  • Tylenol
  • Travel Lotion
  • Travel Purel
  • 2 nail files
  • Hairspray
  • Bobby pins
  • Hair ties
  • Brush and comb
  • Clear nail polish
  • Travel packs of pads and tampons
Yeah, gonna have to arrange it better than this! Cute little basket I had lying around though.

The goods. Only things left to add: hair ties, bobby pins, safety pins, and boy lotion. I didn't have any non-scented ones on hand. One thing I love about this project... I can get it all set up and store it for the next 9 weeks and not think about it again!

Did I miss anything?? And what do you think... Will anyone actually use it?

2 comments:

  1. Yes, people will use them! :) I had baskets in our bathrooms, and lots of items were used. My sister had them at her reception, and I walked in on the ladies loving the basket in the bathroom! Have you considered displaying a poem with them? With a quick google search, I think I found the one we used:

    So happy you’re here to share in our special day!!!
    But should something happen to go astray,
    Please help yourself to the contents within,
    Hair spray (or Wet wipe), hand lotion, gum and even aspirin,
    Use only what you need and leave the rest,
    It may be useful to another guest.
    So repair the damage that may have been done,
    Then hurry on back and join the fun!!!
    Compliments of the Newlyweds

    I think I got the same look from my Mr. when it came to these baskets, but I think they're a fun, easy touch for the guests. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great poem!! I checked out our venue bathroom, and it has a PERFECT counter for the baskets. I saw an idea on a blog that baskets might be over the top for fellas, but jars of candy are winners. I think I'll do some sort of blend of the too, ie candy heavy for the men with some functional pieces. :)

    ReplyDelete