Friday, January 8, 2010

Oh printing....

I haven't had a wedding related meltdown in quite some time, so I'm not too surprised that I had one this afternoon courtesy of MS Vista (which I normally don't hate). And my handy dandy Canon printer.


My main project of the weekend is printing/mailing my invitations. (Exciting! Lots of work!) I designed them in MS Publisher with custom page sizes, especially for the inserts. Well, apparently it takes an act of congress to print on custom paper sizes in Vista. I honestly couldn't even understand the suggestions on the online forums, any official guide from Microsoft just explained how to change paper size if your operating system is XP, and when I *did* try to follow a guide, none of it worked out right. Big. Fat. UGH! And seriously two hours of my life spent on this. (Mr. SB is at work, missing out on the fun. He called in the middle of it, got vented at, and hung up quickly. Even my poor sweet cat got yelled at and is hiding from me. It was that frustrating!)

To be fair, all but one piece printed acceptably, but I really didn't want to have one look ugly. And it did, it was totally off in the alignment/spacing. I didn't spend hours designing these things for them to print off kilter!!

Fortunately, I had a little stroke of genius (if I do say so myself) and with a little adjusting, managed to make it work. And now I'm quite proud. So during the NFL playoff weekend, Mr. SB and I will be cutting paper, printing, and stuffing our little hearts out. :)

What little projects ended up so much harder than they needed to be??

No comments:

Post a Comment