Saturday, January 9, 2010

Thank you, nice lady

I wanted to swing by the post office this Saturday a.m. to weigh my envelopes and make sure my RSVP cards were acceptable (size/paper weight) for mailing. As I quickly discovered, all the post offices in this area are closed on Saturdays. When did that happen??

Anyway, as I called a branch to check on hours, a nice woman answered the phone and said while the branch was officially closed, she would be there for 30 more minutes sorting mail and we could stop by if we'd like. So we came by, she weighed the envelope and since we could pay cash even sold the stamps to us! Now we WILL be able to finish them this weekend. Thank you, nice lady!

The postcard RSVP stamps are weird polar bears, but the 61 cent main ones are perrrrfect.


It even kind of looks like our cake! Not that I would have made a big deal about it either way, but it was a fun little "Hey, that looks nice!" bonus detail. :)

Have you run across any unexpectedly kind people who just make your day lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment