Sunday, January 10, 2010

Need suggestions. And to borrow something.

So I've got a to-do item that I've been thinking about...


Something old: My earrings.
Something new: Er, everything else? Dress, shoes, hair clip...
Something blue: The little blue bow inside the garter.
Something borrowed: ....? No clue.

What can I borrow? I think the idea is that there should be something from a woman whose relationship you want to aspire to. So a successfully married lady gives you something as a token of good luck.

Mom? (Molly, Susan, Natalie? I think you are the only married folks that *might* read the blog! :) Got anything I can borrow??

2 comments:

  1. :) I happen to be catching up on your blog posts today! I borrowed my wedding heels from my sister. I think it'd be really special if you borrowed something from your mom.

    If you can't find anything, though...my something old was a wedding keepsake hankie that my grandma passed on to me. It was used by my great grandmothers in their own weddings. I tucked it into my bridal bouquet during the ceremony. If you'd like, I'd be happy to loan it to you as a token of good luck! Just let me know. Otherwise, it's an idea--maybe your grandmothers have passed on similar items. :) Thanks for the fun reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so sweet! I'll give my mom a call and see if she's got something like a handkerchief... it sounds perfect. (And relatively easy to incorporate!)

    ReplyDelete