Saturday, January 2, 2010

Back in the saddle

So, as I mentioned, Mr. SB and I are not the best at staying on task with healthy eating and working out. But we are both pretty motivated to do well these next 10 (!?) weeks.

Here are our friends who will be helping us with our 10 week slim down plan.

We did really well exercising with P90X, but not so good at following the diet portion. We'll be incorporating some of Tony Horton and Drea Weber (grr, hate her!) into the next 90 days, but not the full program. Because, man, it's effective.


I looooooove the show The Biggest Loser. It's always good for my weekly dose of tears. They're just so inspirational!! Anywho, Mr. SB & I made a "deal." We both picked something as a "goal" item and then had our weigh in today and set our goal percentage of weight loss. Once we reach that goal... we get our treat. :) We'll be weighing in each Tuesday, just like the show.

Though she's a little crazy intense, I like Jillian Michaels alot. With our Comcast, we get some of her work out videos free OnDemand. They are pretty awesome. And at 25-50 minutes, a pretty good length too.

We have Wii Fit too, which I really like. I hadn't tried this game before, and boxing is my LEAST favorite part of P90X. HOWEVER, this game is fun!! Super fun!! It's hard and fast and crazy and there are a million things to unlock and look forward to. I'm pretty excited. And equally pretty sure that my arms will be sore tomorrow!!

Diet wise, Mr. SB goes high protein, very low carb. I don't do well with that, so I focus on non-processed foods, more vegetarian meals. And no fast food or alcohol for either of us.

Although this plan seems reasonable for us, I'm always looking for more diet and exercise tips. Send them my way!!

No comments:

Post a Comment