Friday, February 26, 2010

The pants that don't lie.


My weight fluctuates quite a bit. Maybe more than quite a bit. I have a range of about 20 (!) pounds that covers the areas of:
  • Too low to maintain
  • Low reasonable
  • Average
  • High average
  • Tight clothes

Normally, I live around average - high average, depending on how much I'm exercising those days. After Christmas this year, I was more around tight clothes. Which 10 weeks before you wedding isn't a great thing. We tried to be motivated and good about our eating, etc., but we were not super successful. When you're stressed out all. the. time. it's easy to have a bottle of wine, or some snacks, or some comfort food, or chocolate, or all of the above, each night. Which does NOTHING for the chub.

Nice trip in late January. Not so much a good look.

Ripping my dress was kind of a low point. :( I had a woe-is-me blog post about how I won't "look my best" on my wedding day. I'm glad I never hit Publish, whiner.

I'm proud to say that I have gotten "back on track" in the past few weeks. I eat a lot of yogurt and not a lot of snacks. A few Christmases ago, Mr. SB got me the most expensive beautiful pants I've ever owned. They are wool and have absolutely zero stretch to them. They are the pants that don't lie. If you've gained weight, they're tight. Comfortable but slightly loose means I'm at a weight that I'm pretty happy with. Well, about three weeks ago, I couldn't wear them to work. And yesterday I did, very comfortably.

A better size, from this past June. Pre-wedding & job stress!

And tried on my dress again at home and it fit much better. Without tearing. :) Wedding photos, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment