Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Air in my lungs

So I go to pick up my dress and I wanted to try it on one lasssst time. Put it on, zip it up, stand in front of the mirror, start to grin at myself and SNAP!

I. tore. my. dress.


The hook and eye closure at the top of the zipper popped. To be fair, it was the eyelet part and it wasn't made of metal, it was just made of thread, which they insisted is very weak.

It was a pretty funny scene in the salon when it popped... my eyes about bugged out of my head and I think they could tell they had to head off a bridal meltdown, so the shop owner and tailor were quick with the soothing words:

"Oh, adding the cups made it tighter, that's what happened."
"Oh, you must have just put a lot of air in your lungs."
"The hook is very weak."

Riiight. But ok, thanks. As I stood there twiddling my thumbs, super tailor lady fixed it up for me, but they didn't let me try it on again. Probably for the best!

Anyway, the dress is safely hanging in my closet, hoping to the heavens the cats keep their curious little paws off it for 6 more weeks. :)

What do you think, did I get my one and only wardrobe malfunction out of the way early??

No comments:

Post a Comment