Friday, February 26, 2010

Making me up

I'm not sure what to think of this make up business. My goals were to have something that would last all day and make me look good/not washed out in pictures.

Here goes the trial (and since Mr. SB is out of town at his bachelor party... all these are self shots).... Oh, and she did my eyebrows. That's not just a fancy makeup trick.

Before

After

After in mirror with flash

After in window light, more directly

After from on top of my dresser to simulate "afar"
Note, Elliot is checking his mommy out!

Outside lighting

Later, with lower lid eyeliner & different lip gloss


I have to say, it feels pretty amazing. I don't feel like I have any make up on my face. I'll see how long it lasts this evening.

The make up lady was really frustrated that I couldn't tell her what I didn't *love* about it. I think I just look... different. I don't know. She even, very snip-ily, said "This is why I like you to bring people with you!" Well, make up lady, if I had friends or family in town I would have. So just be nice and put on some more mascara. *Frown face.*

Please please, blog readers. What should I change about the makeup?
  • Colored eye shadow?
  • False eyelashes?
  • More liner?
  • Liner on lower lids?
  • Darker eyeshadow?
  • Darker lipstick?
Other suggestions very very welcomed!

3 comments:

  1. false lashes cause less trouble and look more natural than overloading mascara. I think it looks great, but is very much a neutral glow, not necissarily a *pop*. maybe a more distinctive top lid liner/shadow...just google or youtube some images of eyemakeup, find a look that suits your personality... The nice thing about the look you have in the shots above is that you wont look at your pictures 10 years from now and say "oh my god I cant believe I wore that eyeshadow" but... something a little more distinctive would add a really crisp pretty look. That said- the natural glow you have goin on is super easy to maintain- things cant get too smudged or out of whack because its just a clean light makeup job. Congats, you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really feel like you got the natural look. I think your eyes look beautiful (always) in the last picture... I'm not a huge makeup person so I don't really know what changes would....change so much. Sorry...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Baby,
    I figured this out (finally...with two weeks to go!) Anyway, you look gorgeous and we are all just so used to your natural beauty that makeup of any kind will take a little getting used to. I say a teeny bit more color if not for the daytime maybe at night and you are good to go! Eye shadow, blush and lip gloss are all I can think of. We are so excited!

    ReplyDelete