Tuesday, February 9, 2010

One more, gah! Stop looking!

I was pretty decidedly anti-cake topper. There are lots of weird... bird things out there that just aren't me. Or they look cheesy. And I didn't want a big "L" monogram or anything. So we had told our baker that we'd just have some orchids atop the cake and call that a "topper."

You may have noted that I said "was."

Ok. I admit. The Mii toppers are freaking adorable. Especially the super personalized ones. And especially bc we play alot of Wii.

This guy makes the best, most personalized ones on the 'net. You send in pics of your Miis and pics of your dress/tux and he creates this. It's amazing. But at ... $300!!... more than I would ever consider spending. Source to purchase. Source for more examples, they're nuts at how individualized they are!

Oh Etsy. Look howwwwww cute these are! And she includes furbabies! This is something that could live on a mantle after the wedding as a fun little memory. And she does a pretty amazing job with the personalization too. And at $75... way closer to what I'd like to spend on a cake topper. Source

I was pretty excited by this find, but even MORE money on the wedding..?! A girl's gotta stop somewhere! Mr. SB was pretty on board though. He said, "If you'll walk into the reception and see that and smile... and then see it in the future and smile... it's money well spent." Wise fella, that Mr. SB.

What do you think? To top or not to top?

2 comments:

  1. I think the second one is very cute and makes it personal-- plus people always get a kick out of cake toppers :) and another way to include the babies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since you are saving so much money from your wedding favors being bought by an awesome sister, I feel like you can splurge (at least on the cheaper one) and get the cute cake topper. And like Katie said, it's another way to include the babies.

    ReplyDelete