Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Head count

Ah the guest list.

That was quite a battle. When we first were engaged, Mr. SB & I had a talk about our "ideal" wedding. Outdoor components at a winery was one item. About 50 people was the second. So we brutally slashed our guest list, hurt my parents' feelings, and then reconsidered. We ultimately invited 83 people with a hope of ~65 coming.

We're now at possibly less than 60.

I know, I know. It's closer to what I "wanted", right? And I should be happy, right?

But for some reason, I feel a little lame. That 1/3 of our guests said "no." And now wish I had invited some more friends.


But little is nice, we're not super social anyway and this'll give us more time to talk with our friends and family. But I still feel a little lame.


Ok, thanks blog readers for letting me whine. My (very quickly approaching!!) wedding will be awesome. And I can't wait to be married to the love of my life. And go on my honeymoon. :)

3 comments:

  1. You're not lame. People are lame. And many of your relatives are old/have no money... but I'm sure would love to come and will be sending good thoughts and feeling silly they didn't come after the fact.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, that all sort of goes with the territory. Over the years being so far from "home" meant lots of times I missed my family being there for important events. It didn't mean I couldn't be happy, it just meant I missed out on them sharing in that.
    And so it begins for you with your wedding.
    We will have the best time with those of us that will be there, but sad for those that cannot be...extra busy taking pictures all the while so they can see, if not experience first hand how fun it all was!

    ReplyDelete