Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Dress 2 is in!

I got home from work yesterday to find my second dress had arrived! I made Mr. SB stay in the front 1/2 of the house and went to go try it on. To far less than stellar reviews. (Ok, one review, by me.)
Not great pictures. The dress wouldn't have looked any better, I promise.

Let's be fair: I didn't have on nylons (or anything with a control top) and the dress was super wrinkly from shipping. I was debating between sizes, got the smaller one and am glad I did! And apparently ivory at jcrew is yellow. I wasn't expecting that either.

The ivory is actually my biggest concern. My flowers are white (and I'm not buying two bouquets!) and Mr. SB will have a white vest... so... shoot.

Probably sending this one back. Where can I look next for a simple WHITE gown??

1 comment:

  1. WHat a predicament! simple dresses that arent an arm and a leg are hard to find! JCrew at least lets you return stuff. most other places dont. What a pain. One of my super simple bride friends just sent me these sites but I have no idea if theyre stuff is ready to ship, or what your price range is...
    stylemepretty/lookbook/saja


    www.vcouture.com/website3707/collection_bridal_cou_f06.html#
    Um, if you're just looking for a pretty and simple evening gown type dress, maybe it would be less of a hassle to go to a fabric store, find a pattern and a cloth you like, and ask for a reliable seamstress to make it for you? They usually will know a few people who work for cheaper than "tailors" because they work out of their house... and they're sometimes better at making your vision come alive, and QUICK because they dont hem suits and replace zippers in between making your dress. This is especially true if you're looking for a non traditional materal, like crisp cotton sheeting (which is my recent favorite fancy dress material).... Oy! I dunno! good luck!

    ReplyDelete