Saturday, December 19, 2009

The dreaded A word

I was really really truly dreading going for my first fitting. (The "A" word being "Alterations.")


You see... I spent a little more on my dress than I had planned to. So I was really really really really hoping not to spend even MORE on my alterations. Not to mention, I didn't want to have to travel far for multiple fittings, etc.

So this past Friday, I headed to the bridal salon to try on the dress for the first time in six months.... and....

That's me jumping for joy!
(Ok, not really. It's a picture from Source, but it's the same idea!)

It really really fit beautifully. The length, the fitted areas, the bustle... everything was great. Unfortunately, because I went by myself, I don't have any pictures, but I was a happy girl. The only thing we're going to do is add some padding to the top. A whole $27 worth of alterations. Woohoo!! And all the nervousness I had in the months since I ordered it feel a lot better having seen the dress again... it's beautiful. And I can't wait to wear it. :)

What money saving areas made you do a little happy dance??

No comments:

Post a Comment