Saturday, December 5, 2009

Dressing the boys

Mr. SB had a few days off work and I gave him a wedding to do list. One of the items was "figure out your tux situation." He's having one groomsman who lives ~4 hours away so he decided Men's Warehouse would be the easiest way to coordinate. He asked if I wanted to tag along and I was excited to do so. No decision making! Get to see him all dressed up!!

Yeah right...

First of all, I hadn't looked into tuxes/menswear at all with regard to wedding tradition or styling. And neither had he. So our crabby consultant probably used the phrase "Well, traditionally, you wear XXX, but it's your wedding, you can do what ever" 75 times.

Mr. SB fell into "I don't know. I don't care." mode, so I ended up making most of the decisions for us. AND we didn't have enough time to get fitted so I didn't get to see him all dressed up. Lame.

Our look. The "rule": Bride and groom coordinate off each other.
So, we have bride in white, groom in white vest & tie. Two button tux.


Attendants in green. The next rule: attendants coordinate with one another.
Men's Warehouse had basically no green options, so the vest (same pattern as the groom's) is a peridot, while my sister will be wearing clover. Oh well.

Next up, other guys. We don't have a lot of guys, my dad and the ringbearer (my brother) are about it. I don't think they were planning on renting outfits for the day, but we picked out a silver matching option if they want to. Personally, I think it'd be cute (and my mom and dad would get a kick out of) my dad and a little mini-me all dressed up, but matching ties can probably do that just the same. They're thinking about it... (**Can you just rent the vest & tie? Because I think they both have dark suits... Hmm.... something to look into.)

So the boys are dressed, pretty painless. It's so much easier for them! After picking out the white vest though, I saw how "dirty" ivory looked next to white and am definitely sending my dress #2 back. Unless he rents a second vest and tie and has his OWN look 1 & 2. :)

My main concern: Do you think the peridot/clover combination is too far "off"? Or it's close enough to not matter?

No comments:

Post a Comment