Saturday, December 12, 2009

Rethinking favors

Ok, ok. As much as I L-O-V-E the first favors I wanted to give, I will not have time to be decorating little tiny brownie balls the day before my wedding. (The first four items on this page available at Source.)

Good bye, pretty little balls-on-a-stick.

So what else is a girl to give? Wine stoppers came to mind...

Pretty, and match the wine charms we were thinking of giving, but it's ~2x the cost of the brownie pops. So I'd rather get those!

Better pricing, couples won't want two of these though...

And this is the only other reasonable design in that price range.
I'm very *eh* on the star...

We went to a holiday wine and food tasting tour last weekend and tried some yum-tastic mini cupcakes from Kara's Cupcakes. I'm not a huge cupcake fan, but these were yummy. And in a little clear box and matching colors... promising!

Ok, the packaging probably won't be *that* cute.
They told us that the mini cupcakes fit into truffle boxes. And while I was looking up pricing on truffle boxes... I came across, you guessed it, truffles.

Source

Just a few of the flavors they have that caught my eye...
Cabernet Sauvignon, Zinfandel, Port, Champagne, Raspberry (to go with our cake), Amaretto, Kahlua, Cappucino, French Mocha, Mint Chocolate, Hazelnut.. .. ..
They only come in packs of four though, so we'd still have to buy and repackage them.

And speaking of chocolate, I have a sister whose boyfriend works at a pretty yum-tastic chocolate shop back in Wisconsin.

Source

Aren't these gorgeous? And they taste that good too.

Price wise: Wine stoppers < Truffles/chocolates < Cupcakes < Brownie Pops
Gah! I'm so undecided. Might have to make Mr. SB make this decision...

What do you think?? Which favor would you be most excited to receive?

2 comments:

  1. Ok. So as much as wine stoppers are functional and all that... go for truffles or whatnot...

    1) the pops are super cute, but the more someone decorates something, the more I feel like its too special to eat... so then I wouldnt, and I would be sad... but they are SOOOO cute. But if you dont have time, unless you can get someone you trust to do it for you, just forget it.

    2) truffles or choclates are something that your guests can eat when they feel a little snacky if your pictures run late, or later in the evening if all the food is packed up, or they're a fun treat to take home.

    3) On behalf of people with food allergies everywhere, you may want to think about identifying the people who have allergies and making sure they get something suitable- for instance I can only have dark choclate (no milk) and I cannot have nuts. My friend Jenna's wedding there were choclates as favors, she just made sure that the ones me and my husband received were dark w/raspberry and candied orange wafers. They were AMAZING, and everyone else loved their mixed bag of truffles, almond junk and whatnot... all of us deficient allergy people felt pretty special that the couple made sure that we got to share in the treats.

    The cupcakes kinda make me just think of the cake... I like cupcakes, so if you like em, you should get them

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a really really good point about allergies that I hadn't considered. Thanks for bringing that up!

    And yeah, people have enough random trinkets around their houses. Who doesn't appreciate candy?? :)

    ReplyDelete