Monday, March 1, 2010

Geometry

So, I ordered the cake topper. And really was excited about it. And got the pictures of it from the topper-maker and was really pleased.

And then I called our baker to confirm our cake order. And my bubble was popped big time.

Our topper (which I'm not showing you but is really cute) is on a 5" square base. Our cake was going to have a 5" round top layer.

A 5" square on a 5" circle.
Doesn't fit.

Options:
  • Have a 6" top layer (and pay for the additional servings)
  • Try and cut the topper base down
  • Try and pull the little clay guys off the topper and stick them on there another way
  • Set the topper next to the cake and call it a "next-er" not a "topper". Harhar.

A 5" square on a 6" circle.
Still doesn't fit.

I mentioned putting the topper next to the cake to Mr. SB & he said "well, that's no fun." So I guess I'll have to wait to receive the topper and see if I can more easily take it apart or cut down the base.

What do you think is the best option?

No comments:

Post a Comment